Enjoying the Outdoors near South Orange
With tons of restaurants, plenty of shopping and an easily walkable downtown area, South Orange is quickly becoming one of the most desired NJ locales. We get a lot of attention for our Village Center that offers city living in a suburban atmosphere, however we have a lot of other things to offer as well!
If it’s green space you’re looking for, look no further than these local parks. Equipped with outdoor picnic areas, these parks are perfect places to lay down a blanket and relax outdoors.
- Eagle Rock Reservation – The Eagle Rock Reservation is a 400+ acre park along the Watchung Mountains ridge line with views of the Manhattan skyline.
- Glenfield Park – Glenfield is a 20.01-acre park located in the central section of Essex County in Montclair. Glenfield Park, has athletic fields, playgrounds, and tennis courts.
- Grover Cleveland Park – Over 100 years old, Grover Cleveland park was originally selected for its natural beauty and its potential to provide a space for relaxation and recreation. It contains gentle rolling hills, broad meadows and other environmentally aesthetic features.
- South Mountain Reservation – South Mountain Reservation is 2,110 acre nature preserve comprised of trails and a popular dog park
- Weequahic Park – Weequahic Park, attracts diverse crowds that enjoys a wide variety of activities playgrounds, jogging trail, 80 acre lake, basketball courts, tennis courts, baseball fields, softball fields, picnic areas and hosts a variety of outdoor concerts and festivals. The park also contains the first public golf course in New Jersey, expanded to 18-holes in 1969.